PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cruise/junior first officer 4 J*
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2007, 00:48
excellr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Splintered or not, many of the younger guys and gals realise that working together is far stronger than isolated interest groups grappling for the last dollar. I think we are all far more knowledgeable about the commercial realities of aviation and hence the need to be flexible (meaning being open minded to new idea's) and that’s just a generational fact as globalization effects us all far more than it used too. So in effect we are facing bigger challenges as companies take on a greater global footprint.....which brings me to my point which is as they get bigger we must get bigger and become smarter. For us in Oz if we don't find some sort of unity all we will get are echoes of our own frustrations....because no one will listen. Jetstar is here to stay it's brought a lot more people into the traveling public, it's not management fault it works (sort of) it's the people who pay the money to sit in the seat. What our challenge is not to squash jetstar but to prove our value and we can only do that by putting up a united front then arguing our case for it.