PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Angry Post
Thread: Angry Post
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2007, 13:22
tagdenmedro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys and Gals
I think many of you are very right in your wievs on The Industry. And I love reading about it. Mostly because I have seized to tell my friends and family about it - they simply donīt believe me. They think I'm full of self petty... and it can' be that hard. I know you know all the comments. I finished my training i early 2003. The usual story: Bankrupt schools, bad maintained planes. The Works.Nothing new there..
A captain once told me that the only reason why monkeys don't pilot aeroplanes is because they can' sepak english. Wtith I'm still batteling (as you may allready have noticed, but I'm getting there. The fact is that its actually fairly easy to become a pilot. Takes about 1,5 years and cost about half a house. It does'nt realy take that much brains or skill. anyone can become a pilot.
BUT...... employment - getting thet fxxxxxg job- makes climbing Mount Everest look like a walk in the park.
I have now been sitting in a nice turboprop wtih 1500 good ones in The Book. But getting there was a struggle and I think I know about 10 mio ways of making a can of tomatos and som macarony taste delicious. I still do.
I got my seat emptying the toilets on the same aircraft I'm now F/O on. For TWO YEARS!! I still can't use that same toilet - it makes me sick just looking at it.
My point: Hang in there. One day all you dreams and ambitions are no longer dreams. Get your fingers in the pie.