PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are South Africans so Negative
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2007, 09:08
Balloothebear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next victim

Fluffy fan old sport, here is my up to the minute report on why we as Sefafricans have earned the right to moan:-
This morning at 06h15 when I opened my curtains, my dog of five years was lying in a pool of his own vomit and excrement, parilized by poison ,that was fed to him during the course of the evening.By whom you may ask? Well in our local area,the modus operandi is for the criminals to sus your house or whatever asset they are after,check who your security company is (yes,we have to pay for private security,as the police are incompetent,the government scores on taxes, and they dont have to deliver a service...double edged sword that) poision your watchdogs,and in a day or two break into your property and help themselves to whatever they desire. Security companies respond as best they can, however, my message here is that at some stage we become victims of criminal activities, due to the incompetence of the national government.
I pay my taxes,like most of us do, thereby entiltiling me to the right to have service delivery( ie protection from the criminal element) We do not get the privilage of protection, we have all but been disarmed by the government, so we (white,black coloured,asian , christian,hindu,jew,muslim....middle class) are all soft targets. If I sit up all night, hiding in the bushes of my garden , with a torch and a baseball bat waiting for the criminals to have their way with my assets, how productive am I going to be as an employee on the following day? If I catch and kill them for trespassing and attempted robbery,I become a criminal as well!!
So yes, we have a wonderful country, full of natural wonders, a rainbow nation of happy smilely faces .....all, at some stage or other, going to become a victim of a violent crime.
In sumary,we have the right to complain.
P.S. Vet says dog might make it........will have to wait 24hrs.