PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cruise/junior first officer 4 J*
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2007, 08:35
P2T2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgindriver:

True, a 1st year QF SO would struggle to do JQ Int'l command wages.

But for the purposes of informing an industry in a country that has seemingly been brain washed by their own management, believe me QF is not the only airline who's SO's would be doing better than JQ command wages. Not bragging, just informing.

JQ have sold themselves short!!! and anyone that thinks otherwise is ill informed. Unfortunately this has now set the bench mark for QF and VB when they negotiate future EBA's.

By the way, good on the VB drivers for having the spine 2 stand up 4 what the believe to be fair T&C. Good luck with it all!!!!

The Professor:

Having worked in the contract world and having many friends who are still employed their, don't be fooled into thinking that $88K AUD for an A330 with Oz tax is fair pay. There was never a "crewing company" on standby to crew JQ Int'l in the event that the lads voted down the EBA. That was corruption at it's best!!!

Once again check: http://www.willflyforfood.cc/airlinepilotpay/ and/or any recruitment agency site that shows pay rates. It's all there.

It's up to all of us to bring Av'n in Oz back in line with international standards. For too long we have let our own airlines bluff us into thinking that SARS, 9/11, LCC's, Fuel Costs etc are an excuse for us to except pay freezes and/or crap EBA's.

Don't ask me how (I'm not that smart), but hopefully someone will figure it out...

Last edited by P2T2; 1st Mar 2007 at 23:10.