PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Joining Cabin Baggage Foolishness
Old 1st Mar 2007, 08:25
OldBillXV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allowances....

ACMS.... I stand to be corrected here, and I'm sure you'll find out on the 21st March, or shortly thereafter, but your toothpaste, deo stick will be permitted, but they must be placed in a clear, resealable (ziplock) 1 L (size) bag. You'll only be alowed the 1 bag so all your stuff must fit in the same bag. The liquids will have to be in bottles no bigger than 100ml and placed in the same bag. I guess the average traveller will have 1 tube of toothpaste, 1 deo stick (or 1 100ml size aerosol deo can) plus aftershave in a bottle no bigger than 100ml all in the same 1L size ziplock. This apparently has to be carried through screening seperate to your carryon and can be placed inside your carryon after screening. Exceptions for medicine (with accomplanying medical certificates / Dr. Notes) will be allowed and treated seperately, as will baby milk / formula.

As regards the duty free, anything you buy airside SHOULD be placed in a clear plastic bag and sealed with the receipt showing. When going through security screening (as in a transit Pax) they will inspect that the duty free bag, with the unopened duty free still sealed inside with the receipt. If it's all good, then no problem, if the seal's been broken (too thirsty ) then say goodbye to it as it will be taken off you. I know from 1st hand experience in the US that they are using tamper proof DF bags to seal your booze and liquids in, everything else is in an open bag. If you buy your duty free in DXB (say) and it's not put in a sealed bag with the receipt.... it's going to come to tears , even if the bottle is not opened (I guess...... this hasn't been confirmed as far as I know...) so I suggest if you're going to be buying DF, check with the shops first that they do have sealled bags before you buy.

Happy Days........

XV