PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2007, 22:44
stuartcameron82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Tommyketch,

Best piece of advice i've read since looking through just about every note on Stage 2!
I have mine this friday and bricking it, to say the least...

I suppose after reading your post its good to be aprehensive but at the same time and most important, relaxed! My ex-flatmate flies out to NZ in a little over a week and he swears by this - relaxation and being "quietly confident" (yes rossco - you can explain this one to all us wannabes out there) and just to be yourself.

On another note, I very much agree with you on the Bill Handley Speed Mathematics book. Its an excellent book which opens your mind up to many new ways of calculation however if your going to learn them, then definitely take your time and try to get out of the habitual methods most of us were tought in school; use them in every day life and practise on even the most minor of situations.
I have been studying this book for a few weeks now and have also tried to exercise the methods by practising on timed pyschometric tests. At times, I found myself sometimes taking longer to do the "simple" calculations using his methods than ways i would normally have done, so be smart and if you choose to study his methods, just remember that whatever method you think is easiest will probably often be the quickest.

If anyone else is going to be there for the 9.30 "fun house grilling" this friday then i look forward to meeting you... i 'm looking forward to it!
And best of luck to anyone else who is about to undertake the second stage (or any other stage) for that matter

Stuart

The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Douglas Adams