PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Ryanair STN pay deal
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2007, 22:00
Hary Carin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the spirit of my reply may have been lost on some people. I, the same as most people wish to earn lots of money and have the best terms and conditions I am able to negotiate. However I think one has to be real about the situation and take a long hard look at what the industry is going through right now on a global scale. Up until now Irish/British pilots have been used to running the show and making up 99% of the work force. Times are changing, the penny has dropped and eastern European pilots are keen to work over here now and they are coming over in droves, the thing is they are happy with 66k a year basic as it more than they could ever earn back home. The company may have negotiated with the authorities a way to allow US pilots to fast track the system to European employment, again these guys are going to be happy to take anything. So as you can see the balance of supply and demand is and will shift to supply. This allows Ryanair to pay what they like and no amount of moaning will change that fact. I for one take a practical view of put up or shut up. Maybe those pilots that are too blind to see the future should consider working for another company where T’S and C’s are more important than revenue. Good luck!