PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC... Bollockings for all
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2007, 12:43
octavian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the ideal world there will be a calmness and equilbrium which all parties involved in the operation of the aircraft will endeavour to maintain at all times and under all circumstances and so preserve the safety much loved by everyone. Unfortunately this is the real world and it won't always be so calm or safe. Pilots and ATCOs effectively interact at many stages of the flight, however, this is only directly apparent in RT transmissions and interpretation of each others behaviours. No-one gets everything right all the time, and CRM, and TRM for ATCOs, includes ways of identifying and correcting inappropriate actions and behaviours in, ideally, a non-confontational way, however, one person's gentle reminder may be seen by the other as waggling a red rag in their face. Most of these techniques are considered within the context of the immediate workplace - the fightdeck, the tower or wherever. The fact that Pilots and ATCOs interact with each other from their own workplaces means that effectively they are a part of each others resources. Chastising or whatever on the RT is an emotive subject as we have seen. Perhaps a comment like "can we talk about this later" and the provision of a phone number would take the heat out of it. Alternatively I suppose "Pistols at dawn on PPRUNE?" As for punishment by extra holding or long routings? Not really. My life is difficult enough as it is. I just want the awkward squad off my frequency ASAP