PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirNZ profits up
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2007, 05:51
always inverted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would not be such a problem with the loaders if they wern't so lazy and actually did the job that they are paid to do, and properly.
We have to do our job the best we can all the time and cant break the rules and have to be seen to care. Loaders on the other hand the loaders and ground staff at the link end seem to be able to drag the chain 95 % of the time and we are the ones that carry the grumpy pax who's bag was left on the ramp !!
There is no action when complaints get submitted regarding the loaders in the majority of cases who drive between the aircraft during start, counted 4 golf carts and a pushbike one day, was told that ramp manager would follow it up... bullsh@#. Still happens and they dont care.
I held an airside drivers permit about 2 years ago and would have been concerned that I would loose the privelage if I did the same things they do.
SO, is it really any wonder that Rob wants to clean up the image of those associated with the airline. Outsourcing the ground services would mean that if there was problems then the bill could not be paid till those accountable stood up and made sure that it didnt happen again. Also the people who get the contract will probably hire those who currently do the job to reduce the training.
Will also give chance for others to tender for the contracts which gives competition and hopefully a better delivered product at the end.
No I am not in management...
(I'm getting ready to be slapped by this reply...)