PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC... Bollockings for all
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2007, 04:23
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarch Man

Your attitude shown towards basic R/T 'STANDARD' on this topic is quite disturbing. What's even more disturbing is your self belief that because of your untarnished safety record, you're vindicated in you decision to alter the rules to fit the 'real World'. The only 'World' that it appears to be in is your very own! You reveal a level of complacency and arrogance which has no place on the flight deck. Especially not a creditable operater like Monarch.

Many have quoted enough examples on here already in which fatal accidents have been caused by confusion and poor R/T discipline. This has nothing to do with Lawyers but everything to do with the fallibility and limitations as human beings. It's because OF the real world that we have these rules my friend! Accidents will always happen and that is unfortunate. But to have an accident and learn nothing from it is unforgiveable. As for complacency;

" When anyone asks me how I can best describe my experience of nearly 40 years at sea, I merely say - uneventful. Of course there have been winter gales and storms and fog and the like, but in all my experience I have never been involved in an accident of any sort worth speaking about. I have seen but one vessel in distress in all my years at sea. I never saw a wreck, nor have I been wrecked, nor was I in any predicament that threatened to end in disaster of any sort!"

Capt E.J.Smith

Captain of the SS Titanic - during an interview in 1907. Captain Smith, along with 1500 innocent people remain with the ship today.