PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Angry Post
Thread: Angry Post
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2007, 11:53
shootfromthehip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Wife

Firstly take the positive from these posts.... your Husband needs to stay positive to keep up the energy needed in pursuing this career, and your support will be a great help to him.

From my experience everyone who I did my initial training with, who didn't give up, is now employed (qualified 2001/02), many on there second type. Out of those, three were in their early forties. Those who really want the job (as long as they make the grade ie sim chk etc) will get there.

Staying current is the key.

- Keep IR current (before my 1st job I re-newed my IR for £600)
- Build experience/hours by taking friends/family on trips/glider towing/meat bombing...... any way you can.
- Consider Instructor rating
- Regular jet sim time, as an interview plus sim chk will come with little notice (I don't know where you live but there used to be a Trident sim at Biggen which was cheap as chips!)

When sending off CV's always follow up with a telephone call and try to build up contacts. You'll have to be thick skinned for this!

I might be repeating stuff previously said but I couldn't be bovvered to read all the posts.

Just remember it's not unusual to take a couple of years or more to land that first job!

Best of luck Mr&Mrs