PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Communications question
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2007, 12:35
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been flying for some 34 years now.

The first 10 involved lots of learning - PPL, CPL, MECIR, tailwheel endorsement, aerobatic rating, instructors rating, aircraft endorsements etc.

For the next 10 I believe I operated at a very high level of professionalism in both Oz and NZ. Knew pretty much all I needed to know about flight planning requirements, getting the weather and notams, radio calls, readbacks etc - all of that stuff. IT ALL STAYED PRETTY MUCH THE SAME!

But for the last 10 years or so - I don't really have a clue. I read all the stuff that is sent to me. I pay attention to the calls etc that others are giving. I note what controllers ask of me. Every 12 months I get a bit of a refresher when I front my IR renewal - I figure the ATO is up to date with the latest and greatest. BUT IT ALL KEEPS CHANGING! Read this back - no, you don't have to read that back any more - airspace is changing - not it's not, we've dropped that idea - this is how you do a circuit entry - now we want you to make these radio calls in the circuit - etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

I haven't pranged anything - I haven't run into anyone - and I haven't even managed to scare myself, but I REALLY DON"T HAVE A F*CKING CLUE ANYMORE.

I say "STOP F*CKING CHANGING STUFF EVERY 5 MINUTES - AND LET ME CATCH UP AGAIN!"

FTDK

Ahh - it feels good to have that off my chest!