PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Communications question
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2007, 12:28
Richo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Cogwheel.

Thanks for clearing up the bit about CASA and ASA rsponsibility in relation to the AIP.

UTR
Thanks for the input from the ATC side of things. Is there any further documented procedures, which the pilots don't get to see, like MATS, covering these thoughs or is it interpretation of the same AIP stuff. Or is it a case of the way you/others were/are trained.
In relation to the "Cleared (only way I heard it said lately) Visual Approach" I dissagree with you, on a STAR which ends with an intercept of an approach (TASKA6) the visual approach is not required at all, but is almost always given, it does in this case increase radio congestion with no benifit as we still have to fly the full STAR procedure. Also how about we add in the words
"When ready, leave on descent". reguardless of all of this we still have to report leving an altitude in CTA (Blah airspace). So why read back the first bit.
Thanks for your thoughts.

For years we have seen it writen here that the problem was the instructors teaching the incorrect, and while it may be so in a small part, the real problem lies with the source and interpretation of the information.

My personal hate, which we hear on the radio so often is the term 'Visual" used to describe the sighting of other traffic.
"Visual" is a desription of inflight conditions.
"Traffic sighted" is the term used to indicates that you can see another aircraft.

richo

Last edited by Richo; 25th Feb 2007 at 12:38.