PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 4
Thread: CARDIFF - 4
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2007, 10:59
Smile!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keeping at least 2 embraers at BRS, possibly 3.
No definatley 2 aircraft according too http://www.nextgenerationairline.com (The official BE merger site) it will definatley be 2 aircraft. Though this has been the plan since the merger was first announced, and wether this is what they will do, the end of the month will tell, unless they change that again. so, I wouldnt really trust this site for exact info.

I must to agree that i have seen Zero adverts for BE from CWL considering this is their first route from the airport. The route being cut back months before service starts doesnt look good, they probably would have done better and another route such as Exeter, with virtually no competiton. I did however see a WW advert last month, however in the Western Mail, now, I wouldnt of thought this was babys key advertising market, as all the routes listed on the page were in Spain, surley more biz PAX read the WM. Therfore EDI, AMS, Glasgow and BFS would have been the best routes to advertise there.

Zoom leaving CWL, well all this year both routes are gong via BFS. So it doesnt seem well, but it isnt really poor loads from CAA figures, but maybe yield, or more likley fleet constraints with only 4 aircraft, and more money too be made elsewhere.

Well 20,000 from BRS and
Newcastle with 1318
from CWL, wll they have EZY, we have Eastern. So there is going to be some disparity. With a average PAX of just below 17 (16.75 for those who seem rather pedantic) and with J41 holding 29 PAX the loads are looking quite good considering Easterns fares, and therfore the yield they must get from the route. Three daily cant look that hard though, but is it really that likley?

Smile!!!