PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Communications question
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2007, 09:54
Richo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Communications question

During one of the recient and robust discussions about the standard/quality and missunderstandings, on the contents of AIP and the amount of
sh!t that gets read back.
Some one posted about the readback requirment, or lack thereof, for the following two ATC phrases:

1. " Cleared to Leave controlled airspace on descent", (usualy always questioned if not read back) and

2. " Cleared for visual approach". (rarely questioned if not read back)

There is obviously some confusion about the requirments or NOT to read these back. I have read the AIP/Jepps and have my own ideas. It would appear that many others, from both sides of the radio, have thier own ideas as well.

I have asked some ATC mates, both civ and mil, and the responce is the same, that they don't realy know, but most will make sure that they get a reply/readback.

So the question is, Can anyone point to an official statment, of whatever type, that confirms the requirment one way or the other.

Once we have cleared this topic up, it would be time to get someone in ASA to reword the whole of the AIP Standard Pharses section so that it is easily understood and in a useable format.

Richo