PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 4
Thread: CARDIFF - 4
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2007, 18:41
a1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that comments such as those by cwl747 are a bit strong but the fact is that bmibaby seem to be so uncommitted with the airport and are treating it like a guinea pig, chopping and changing routes as it suits them.

As for yield, it can't have been bad on the GLA route which was running close to capacity and I for one know that I could have got a cheaper flight from BRS but stuck in at CWL which suggests that they were making money on it. Instead of expanding on this they go and cut it to 1* daily which is going to cause a lot of lost pax without a doubt. As for PRG the loads at BRS are only slightly higher but instead of cutting back EZY raise that to daily. And for those who keep banging on about poor CWL's tiny catchment area - it isn't! Sure BRS has one spanning the south-west but CWL's reaches into West Wales and over into the South-West. The potential is there but the airport cannot seem to secure an airline who is committed to base here and perhaps the landing fees cited by RYR a year back were a major reason. And it is a widely held belief that the marketing team at BRS are much better than CWL's management - just look in the archives. Now AMS a route that gets around 20,000 pax and having flown on this before its usually packed, yes yield can be different but what can you expect?! For pax to pay double to ensure the airline makes money?

Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if there are more hidden surprises from baby in store for us, and on another route front there are strong rumours Zoom are about to leave CWL. When does CWL shut down because it is sure heading in that direction.