PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 4
Thread: CARDIFF - 4
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2007, 14:33
4 engines 4 longhaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Well after sitting back for a few months i've finally decided to join!!!!

Looking at the progress of this post over the last few days and the previous one for that matter im going to post here with some trepidation.

I firstly must agree with with the like of Littleblue, teifiboy and TwinAisle with there views on the aviation business. Aviation is a demand and supply business, much like Tescos or any other profiteering organisation, they are here to make money, and certainly do not control there business to the likes of hopefulls. If WW wishes to concetrate it's business on the North then let them, theyre obviously going to make more money by basing 9 A/C in BHX than basing an extra A/C in Cardiff. I personnaly hope that they dont finish PRG or cut AMS by two much, but comments such as ( of up north) are totally ludacrus.

As for JH poor guy, I manage a business myself and other people who do or have a fair knowledge of it will realise that you have to make some hard decisions, (you dont run an airport to suit some spotters). Although he and his team could have possibly attracted more routes etc etc, they certainly havent let CWL slip, improved passenger numbers, more routes than ever before, and decent airport developement. Yeh in the grand scheme of things they could have done more to attract routes, but hey if they havent who the hell are we to tell them to off, after all they got the job for some reason or the other didnt they, maybe is i because they know how to run an airport to make money cwl747!!!!!!.

Heres some more helpfull news on the N/S air link.
http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n...name_page.html

Last edited by 4 engines 4 longhaul; 24th Feb 2007 at 14:51.