PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Will work for free'
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2007, 23:19
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Harry Wragg saddles up one last time...

If you have the ability, aptitude, and meet the strict personality profiles you will get a job.

Harry Wragg do you mean the same ability, aptitude and strict personality profiles that make the British Armed forces one of the hardest selection and training grounds in the world?

If you want to enter into a battle of wits I suggest that just to be gentlemanly both us are equally equipped. I suggest you get down the store and buy some wits as clearly yours are not with you! Failing that you could actually learn to read before charging into the fray without having read the whole thread.

You quote Scroggs as the voice of reason, is this the same reason that in another thread supported WWW in saying that planned bankruptcy seemed a bit like a cunning ruse and one up against the system.

I have my debts, I made them and I have always paid back every penny I have ever owed thus not burdening the rest of society with increased interest rates to make provision for unrecoverable debt. (I am not saying that I agree or disagree with the principle I am saying that I personally have higher standards of responsibility to those who do not have a choice)

We all have a choice I have made mine and you do not have to like that I have made it or even agree with it but you should accept or at least understand my fundamental right to make it based on my well tested, well proven and demonstrable attributes with respect to flying. Not on what you do or do not believe. If you cannot deal with that then maybe aviation is not right for you not me, maybe you are the one who slipped through the net.

On speed, on profile had it occured to you that debt can be built up from lack of earnings as well as capital expenditure. Those who get their licence and then instruct and/or work in other low paid jobs can hardly pay their mortgages on £8-18k a year hence if you spend 3-4 years waiting for said job and previously were on £40k plus then you will find yourself getting £30k a year more in debt each year for each year spent in low paid jobs. Not just on training.

As for what's wrong with singles, etc errmr read above, read my previous posts and you will find the answer NOTHING it just doesn't pay a living wage. The debate if you remember was on the virtues of working for little or no reward IN ORDER TO gain greater reward. Why would you choose an option that paid you less for no foreseeable gain when you already have the requisite experience from the activities you mentioned. If I were a new guy with 250hrs then fine, I would take that on the chin. I'm not, so shan't.

Now can someone please come up with a non-selfish reason not to work for companies that bond or ask for SSTR/little or no reward initially other than the Ts&Cs thing as it is clear that Ts&Cs are being eroded and it is clear that the SSTR/bond route is a symptom not the root cause of this.

It is lastly but not leastly abundantly clear that much as some of you may believe that we haven't all thought it through. We have, we are educated, we have planned our routes, thoroughly researched all aspects of them and just DO NOT AGREE with you. We don't have to, it's a free world as well as a free market.

If you don't like it join a union get into management and somehow change it but quit whining about it as you are more likely to secure orders for the A380F than you are to make the growing number of us realizing that this is the way forward to suddenly realize that we have neglected some fundamental part of our reasearch, have what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity and about turn on our position.

Anymore for anymore.....