PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 4
Thread: CARDIFF - 4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2007, 13:53
mathers_wales_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey Caaaardiff where did you hear about 17 flights a day by the end of the year from for Flybe?

Yeah this new baggage reclaim is a big building with two floors. Hopefully they will re-position Gate 1 and possibly extend it behind the Cafe.

I also seen some work on Wednesday being done to the empty retail area thats on the Right hand Side as you work from Central Search to Entrance of Gates 3 - 15.

How long will gate 2 be out of action as they got a lifts there to take the beer barrels upstairs.

I do know that the Baggage Information desk wil be moved as theres not enough room to swing a mouse in there even though a cat.

Walking a flight from Stand 7 into the domestic arrivals is just a nightmare with no kind of walkway other than green lines. It would take 5 staff to do the job correctly including under the wing of an Aer Arann. Airside safety comes along and moans that passengers are all over the ramp.

It's not the handling agents fault that the airport has removed all kind of walkways from the culdasack that is Stands 1-3, and that when they re-developed the Passport Control area that it is not possible for domestic flights to go through while international flights are there. No splitbetween domestic and International Arrivals, so that means in the summer busses will still be used to take domestic flights from stand 12-17 over to domestic arrivals at stand 1.

According to BmiBaby when they origionally announced that Durham Tees Valley's operations where to stop and there will be 2 redeployed and 2 new a/c divided by the Airlines 4 key bases, Manchester/ Cardiff/ Birmingham and East Midlands. They were commited to a 60% year on year growth at Birmingham which i suggest will mean more a/c next year. Could this mean an extra a/c at CWL next year because this year it has been an 80% growth at Birmingham. Or are Baby full of crap as usual?

Sorry for the rant