PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand Contract rounds
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2007, 06:09
TinPusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacancy Bidding System

Hi BB
To be honest I'm not sure about the specifics of VBS with respect to your comments about the 3yr no promotion.
What I do know however is that at least it has provided a 'fair and transparent' system of promoting staff unlike the past where if a manager thought your face didn't fit then you'd never get a chance. Sure, it aint perfect but it's a start. Many of the rosters don't actually have a VBS waiting list (Bay and Ohakea) and it's possible to get appointed directly to those rosters, as some of the new hires have done. Wellington Approach is also not well placed either although several trainees start soon but in the meantime they're having to reduce coverage (no night shifts and dropping a shift during the day) all because one guy is soon to leave for Oman. If you are thinking about returning then it'll be possible to do so straight to the above sectors without having to do the Invercargill or Dunedin penance. I also suggest that you would be well placed to negotiate the salary band that you'd be appointed on as by the end of 2007 I suggest Airways will have lost over 10% of their experienced ATC's to Oz and the Middle East and they like every other provider needs bums on seats!!