PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South African Airways hiring / expanding this year?
Old 22nd Feb 2007, 19:42
fluffyfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJ I see your point, I just hope we dont miss the boat, our competition are taking more and more market share, and I dont think its because of clever marketing on there side I think its because there is a gap and an increasing market that SAA are failing to fill, take the cargo section for example, just count the cargo aircraft lines up on Delta ramp, they all seem to be making a killing but SAA cant seem to, the more ground we loose the harder it is going to be to get it back.

For the record I dont see why everyone is so hard on Khaya, he is dealing with policies and decisions all made before his time, he is not making these descisions alone he has some highly qualified people giving good advice, for years everyone has said the company has far too many staff and too little revenue, he seems to be the only one trying to fix this, the company has made a loss way before Khaya came along, it seems the poor guy cant win, some complaining there is no airline experience in management, others complaining about consultants (who presumably do have experience), maybe we should give the guy a chance.