PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying gloves - RAF or US style?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2007, 19:33
Monty77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What some of the OOA sharp end gurners fail to appreciate is the real workload pressures the desk johnnies there in Main Building are under. It's not all 3 hour lunch breaks and early stacks. Well not every day, anyway. Quite often to save time I used to entertain Madame Thumb and her four naughty sisters with a tub of stolen swarfega and finest calf skin by cracking one off right there under my desk.

Not easy in an open plan office whilst eating a sandwich AND telling some loafer in the sandpit he had to stag on for a few more weeks. I say 'used to', because some of the female staff took offence at my over zealous approach to multi-tasking. Well, to cut a long story short, I got 4 months in Colchester and no pension. THAT'S the thanks you get for doing your best to serve your country. I now work for Dave in stores under some sort of 'Care in the Community programme.

If anyone wants some cheap gear call 01400 261201 and ask for Dave. They'll know who you mean. One last thing: white leather gloves are best for pilots because you can clearly write 'Left' and 'Right' on them. Worked for me until I got chopped at Prog Check.