PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 4
Thread: CARDIFF - 4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2007, 13:03
mathers_wales_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently the true amount of this scheme will be announced within 2 weeks when the deal is finalised. Then we can see exactly how much has been wasted. I'm sure it would take much more money than what is being spent on this scheme to update the road systems around Cardiff Airport and St Athan including the link from J34 of the M4.

The £1.6m spent on the passenger terminal in Valley i believe is a good move as it has been agreed by Anglesey councillors in June 2006 for plans of up to 10 flights per day but i'm sure it could increase if the demand was there. This could benefit North Wales especially Anglesey with the Nuclear Power Station being closed within the next 3 years.

I agree that the route will cease to exist after the 3 years of subsidies by the WAG, but there is the slimest of chances that we might be wrong, and will just have to see how it goes. Highland Airways may have plans to expand from either Cardiff or Valley. 3 Years is a long time in the Airline Industry and as seen before anything can happen within this time even the unexpected.