PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army Door Gunners to be Re-Streamed.
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2007, 21:46
wg13_dummy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dummy - stop throwing stones at us Crabs please.

Why don't you go for a flight at Odiham/Benson and actually see what the RAF crewman bring to the party. You could also go take a look at 657 and see what AAC avn crewmen can do when they are under the command of forward thinking individuals who are not afraid to challenge the DAAvn role model of how crewmen should be employed and invest time and training in order that the crewmen's skill sets are brought closer to those at the other end of the building.

Finally, if the AAC have got it so right, why have DAAvn asked for 6 crewmen to be trained at 55 Sqn for FW ops?? I'm pretty sure that in 2 years time avn crewmen will be trained from ab initio alongside their RN and RAF peers.

SDF

Sub. I for one do not suggest that the AAC has got it right or we are the 'leaders' in this field. As I said in previous posts, we are only just now recognising this as a trade and are trying to work out the best way of using the resource.

It would be nice to see jointry working properly. By this I mean we chuck our guys towards the RAF rearcrew training system (and hopefully your system can look at how we do business).

I totally agree re your remark regarding 657. It would be good if the Corps uses that as a template. Trouble is, you have people who are too busy furnishing their climb up the ladder so feel the need to 'invent' new ideas so they can sign their own name at the bottom of the letter.

SH rearcrew do a sterling job. That there is no doubt.