PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Save The Red Arrows - Sign the Petition
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2007, 17:05
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CM
Well I wasn't going to bother, but I've got another spare few minutes to waste on the fool, so here goes.

1. I didn't try to 'increase the relevance of the Reds by arguing that they all have Ops experience' I merely stated a fact that they have ALL completed operational tours. Now if you think otherwise, I regret you are wrong, so please stop being a fool and arguing otherwise.

2. I wasn't trying to 'increase the relevance of the Reds by arguing that they work so hard (flying six to eight sorties a day-everyday)' That again, is a fact. As I have said time and time again, do get off your bottom and come to Scampton and watch them for yourself. Or better still, if you are who you say you are, get onto Scampton ATC and ask them for the times of the Arrows' slots for the day. Then have the balls to come on here and say sorry.

3. I wasn't trying to 'increase the relevance of the Reds, or endear them to the rest of the military, by stating that they put their family and social lives on hold for a period of time' It is a fact that they lead a very hectic life, particularly during the summer months, being away most weekends etc. It's a fact, thats all.

4. Nver ever did I say that they worked any harder than anyone else in the service, or that they had a more stressfull life or that their families had it harder than any other families. I know that the same pretty much goes for all these days, but these are the facts. And again, if you are who you claim, then you should know that.

If, as you claim, you have known 'many' of the Red Arrows 'over the years' then why are you on here arguing about the number of slots they fly, and all this other stuff? Methinks that you are telling us a big porkie there young rudesprog. In fact, I'm not even sure you are a pilot, Aircrew or even in the Air force, such is your ignorance. Because if you were who you say, then you would know all about the FJ selection world, and where the 'best' go and where they don't go!

I you are really going back to the sandpit for another 4 - 5 months, then you are clearly NOT a FJ jockey, but some bitter, and jealous pilot who simply 'wasn't good enough' Well join the rest of us 'rude child' and get over it. I wasn't good enough, along with thousands of others. That dosn't mean we don't make a valuable contribution or we should slag off our fellow pilots just because we didn't make their grade. Do you take the same view as say the Nimrod Display Pilot? or the Harrier and F3 display guys? Now you may just see why you are being a little bit silly and need to grow up and join the real world.

Right, had enough now, endex. Do try to grow up just a tadge, there's a good boy!

Kind regards
TSM