PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA's 80 Knot Call
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2007, 08:33
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Shaka

Sorry to regenerate the thread but it may be worth it for of the "younger" readers because there is danger when people start to assume their type or Fleet SOPs apply Company wide. Frankly I suspect anyone who thinks they can claim that anything is "BA SOP" ( except perhaps the FL 100/ FL 200 calls) has only flown one type in the Company....perhaps the one where the use of manual thrust levers when hand flying isn't allowed.....

Now to answer your question, I fly the 744 ( you know, the one where the P2 now loads the FMC ) . The BA 747-436 SOP, verbatim from the Flying Manual, is "up to 80 kts the takeoff may be rejected for any apparent malfunction; Above 80 knots the takeoff should only be rejected for major malfunctions".

Then the QRH states:
"IF IAS is below 100 kts when takeoff rejected, reverse idle need only be selected". So Full Reverse below 80 kts - BA SOP?...obviously not.

In conclusion, just 'cos you do it on your Fleet, don't assume it's a Company SOP - but unlike some I think you probably knew that.

Happy Landings