PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Save The Red Arrows - Sign the Petition
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2007, 22:07
rudekid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSM,

You don't appear to be educating, just being insulting.

All seems to be an adjective you're having issues with using. You're not all trying to educate me or indeed, all wrong. Just like the all red Arrows pilots haven't all, most definately (sic) done several op tours.

Interesting discussion technique BTW. I note you haven't actually answered any of the points raised.

I agree, someone as you describe would have an immense amount of credibility. But you appear to have changed your position somewhat, following your earlier statements regarding the composition of the Reds.

Nonetheless your statement regarding the disruption to family life and social life has nothing to do with credibility.

You could argue that a Harrier Flt Cdr may have gained more credibility by remaining on the frontline.

I really don't wish to get into personal specifics, but the criteria you selectively argue don't appear to have been met on some occasions. Now you may have a greater insight of the specific requirements for Reds application/selection, but if you're assigning criteria based on supposition, then don't be surprised if someone questions those. Especially when your criteria are factually inaccurate.

It doesn't matter really whether all the Reds have done (what I would refer to) as Ops. What matters is their increasing irrelevance to the modern RAF. Now, I don't for one moment think that they are alone in their irrelevance, whether that be in Brown, Dark Blue or Light Blue. However, they are a highly visible element of the RAF, not performing their operational duties. This is always going to spotlight them and bring into question their role.

I don't believe this role is justifiable in the current climate. Especially not on the back of their 'operational' credentials.

I guess we'll be disagreeing!