PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Save The Red Arrows - Sign the Petition
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2007, 16:52
rudekid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSM
The original point, which I repeat considering your obvious inability to read the earlier parts of the thread, was this:

Point: The Reds have all done "Ops", made by 3.14.

Answer: Er. No they haven't.

Now, I'm not arguing that they haven't all done a tour on a FJ Sqn, but then that's because, THAT WASN'T THE ARGUMENT.

I believe you posted the following:
I think that you will find that most, if not all the Arrows' pilots have been on 'ops' many times, and I can assure you that they have ALL most definately done several 'ops' tours
Now, unless I'm missing something, that appears to be your emphasis on the ALL. You're wrong.

3.14, with whom you agree 100%, believes the following:
The fact is, the Reds pay for the kudos with a packed schedule (resulting in a sporadic social and family life), unforgiving professionalism and constant public demands at airshows worldwide.
Interesting statement that don't you think? Wonder how the SH fleet feels about that comment, or the C130 fleet, or TCW, the Nimrod Fleet, TACATC, RAF Regt, 16 AAB or 42 Cdo just to name a few.

I remain interested as to how many sorties a day the pilots fly. As an AWACS guy, you may realise that 8 slots booked into R313, doesn't necessarily equal eight sorties flown.

Nonetheless, none of this is really that relevant. The Reds will be chopped, along with lots of other good things in life. I won't be signing any petition to keep them, because just maybe, if they're binned we might be able to justify keeping other vital programmes that may save lives. In case you hadn't noticed we're fighting two wars.

Thanks for the update on Red Arrows selection... I must work harder on my irony skillset.