PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Save The Red Arrows - Sign the Petition
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2007, 08:49
rudekid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clockwork Mouse

Maybe you should read my earlier posts chap.

Just to clarify for those too idle to read the full thread:

1. The Reds are arguably the best display team in the world. I love watching them.

2. I will be sorry to see them go.

3. I'm sure they work hard, but other people trying to justify their existence by spouting rubbish such as:

a: They've all done Ops, so they're all proven operational pilots with lots of op tours.

b: They justify their 'kudos' by having a disrupted home and social life.

c: They fly six to eight sorties a day.

If any of this is correct, I'd be glad to have my ignorance confirmed! Now you may see this as me picking holes in arguments, but I don't believe you win an argument by refusing to see fact. Not sure the present Govt believes that but....

If you can be bothered to look at the Red Arrows website you will see an awful lot of very qualified guys and capable operators who could be contributing to the front line more effectively, both Air and Groundcrew.

An awful lot of the RAF couldn't give a flying toss whether the Reds stay or go. Neither would an awful lot of the Army or Navy. If we have to make some cuts (and I appreciate this argument is more debatable vis-a-vis presentation) in order to ensure some additional front line capability, then I would see the Reds stop flying tomorrow.

When people are dying due to lack of equipment, it seems a little redundant to be arguing about the existence of an air display team. In an ideal world, everything would be affordable and be presented as having a value. However, in the real world of competing priorities, something has to give. The Reds have got to be at the lower end of that give list.

Whichever way you look at it it, the writing IS on the wall.

Rude, ignorant and childish...Did you write my AR?