PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Angry Post
Thread: Angry Post
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2007, 15:21
Justine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Angrywife
I'm in a pretty similar boat - but we sold the house to fund my husband's training.
I am not negative however. He is an instructor right now and is a very happy husband. He has been accepted and is doing the AQC thing with CTC.
Yes, we live in a rented house and I have to work full time to ensure all the bills are paid but we had a fantastic 20 months living in Florida, my daughter proudly tells all her friends that her daddy is a pilot, and the possibilities for the future are myriad.
It hasn't happened as fast as we had hoped, but things are moving forward. The best thing I can suggest is the instructor rating thing, he now has in excess of 1000 hours and that in itself has opened up the opportunity to apply for other airline jobs.

In reply to all those who have knocked you, I would say that they have absolutely no comprehension of how it feels to be a spectator to the ridiculous employment practices in this industry.
I am a professional, however my training costs were subsidised by the government at University and any further skills and additional qualifications required by my employers are funded by them. This is what is deemed normal in the rest of the professional world!

Hope he finds a job soon, but I really think instructing is a good option for him to look at.