PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 4
Thread: CARDIFF - 4
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2007, 12:06
DanielP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi-

I thought that they were going to improve 5mile lane and hopefully link it in with the M4. I don't see how they can do this without destroying large tracks of extremely beautiful and unspoilt Vale of Glam, though, which noone seems to have mentioned.

No suprise re: the decision about not trunking the A48 through St Nicholas- I bet there are so many MPs living there that the internal phones were buzzing in the WAG ;-). Probably, this is good idea in the long term though, as it avoids pumping more traffic through Culverhouse Cross interchange.

They have to do SOMETHING with the Vale roads, however, because there is no way that they will cope with the new St Athan thing.

I still don't understand why all this is such a big deal though, because CWL still isn't the furthest away from its named town, nor does it have the worst accessibility. Many airports would give their eye teeth to have a rail link, even one as luke warm as Cardiff's.

CWL never seems to attract the confidence or agressive marketing to make current services stick + encourage other airlines. Having said that, the T-fly expansion is good, though the routes are still not as varied as from other airports. I suppose it's all a matter of the right operater turning up at the right time though- or maybe CWL is laid back and that is one of its charms in comparison with others!

Daniel