PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger A320s to operate domestic downunder?
Old 18th Feb 2007, 21:17
1DC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low cost quality is already here you just aren't paying low cost fares very often. Flew BNE to MEL at the beginning of January with Qantas, midday flight full of families going home from holiday. Plane was showing it's age and apart from being given a bag with a sandwich in it and a free cup of coffee the scenario was equal to a UK holiday charter to Spain.Paid a high fare cos i booked late but the flight was fine.
Flew MEL to SYD last week with Virgin, paid a reasonable fare cos i booked early.The plane interior was in better condition than Qantas but the flight was definitely equivelant to a low cost European operation.The flight was fine no different to Qantas.
Your average punter doesn't bother too much about wether the flight is a low cost or full fare operation on reasonably short flights, say up to 4 hours, provided he thinks he is getting a good deal. Most consider safety and reliability and i am sure Tiger Australia will be as safe as Qantas or Virgin.Provided Tiger don't have too many delays (delays are one of the few things that turn loco flyers off)they should be succesful and Qantas and Virgin will have to rise to the challenge.