PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you staying?
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2007, 19:26
RileyDove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone who left ten years ago - I have no valid reason to comment or indeed possible perception of what appears to be an alien RAF now to the one I was in. Sadly however I hear stories of complete ineptitude from friends who are still in - what appears to be a constant cutting of benefits and inability to make any decisions which will give the RAF an effective fleet to sustain operations.
All this revolves around the same old problems. A command structure that has a vested interest in maintaining the status quo whilst the very people who are on the front line getting the jets in the air and maintaining them are cut savagely. Coupled with this is a procurement procedure that seems to be almost incapable of getting anything right - imagine if we had a similar degree of urgency in 1939!
I am very grateful for those who are currently serving their country and paying for it with their lives in some cases - I am however incensed at the
circumstances that appear to be resulting in large numbers of servicemen
leaving early at huge cost to the taxpayer in terms of training replacements for reasons that seem to be able to be addressed easily.