PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2007, 08:47
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning all.

With the continual talk of stand shortages this summer, are there any new airlines that have never served ABZ before in the offing? Most of the expansion tends to be with the based airlines(eg. bmi R, City Star) or airlines with significant ops(eg. Eastern). Anyone know if there are new airlines looking at ABZ, given the continuing growth being experienced?

Good to hear the based operators continuing to expand. Re City Star, I take it they were always looking elsewhere, & that STN/BRU was a "red herring?" From Meeb's post, I also take it that their split from Landsflug hasn't affected plans. Is that Landsflug's livery they carry, any plans to change it?

(I'm old enough to recall Air Ecosse, Peregrine, Bon-Accord A/W & Lakeside, & wish these local operators were still around - I'm obviously biased!! )

Read something in the Scotsman newspaper re biz movements at Scottish airports. Between 2001-6, they have more than doubled. EDI up 85%, GLA 35%. No figs for DND or INV. Nor for ABZ, but the story said they had been "flat" at ABZ. Part of the period under review coincided with low oil prices, but more recently things have picked up. So are ABZ biz movements on the way up now, or are they still relatively flat. Is cost of operating into ABZ a prohibitive factor? How much does it cost to send a bizzie up to ABZ?