PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuel Now only 49p/Ltr!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2007, 08:04
rudestuff

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts
A bit of a rant, really - not much to do with Aviation

Quote: "I would much rather be in St Helier than Peckham at the moment - the ASBO count is just so much lower and handguns are not de-rigeur, also some good restaurants and bars."

Which is kind of ironic - as handguns are legal in the Channel Islands but not in Peckham. Not wanting to get TOO political - It just goes to show how out of touch the present Government is with reality - Our crime rates have nothing to do with gun control, and everything to do with Bulls**t European civil rights laws which stop us (and schools) disciplining our children, A PRO-Criminal justice system where a burglar can sue his victim, (Touch on Crime, Tough on the causes of crime? Blair, you W**ker), a crap school system and nothing for kids to do in the Evenings.

Ask the old people and they'll tell you about the pre-war 'good old days' before yobbos and youth culture.
Those would also be the days when people called you 'Sir', children were disciplined, you could own a machine gun and shoot burglars.

I'm glad theres still a little bit of Old England left - too bad you have to visit a small island to see it.