PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Angry Post
Thread: Angry Post
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2007, 23:06
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel IR Renewal

class a Errm stop making it up you can't renew every year in the sim anymore.

suger Whoever told you that this aviation malarky is unbiased and equal was lying to you. Everybody knows that being a girl you have much more chance than most of getting an interview and a job as the balance is need of redress. I wouldn't worry too much about being mistreated if I were you

Angrywife I feel for you and my wife has shared your frsutration but like numerous have said on this thread alone you really haven't looked at the reality of this industry very much if you think that you're situation is anything other than excellent.

Your husband is current and still keen, he may even have to work out of avaition for a few years and still keep current before he gets a reply much less an interview. People above have mentioned waiting for 1-2 yrs before getting a sniff if I am honest I would say that they are being optimistic. There are many many pilots who I met on my type rating who had waited over 3-5 years to get even one interview with an airline.

The suggestions above are very good if you want to support him get of this site except for reasearch and get packing to go round the world with your hubby to anywhere where they will let him fly paid or not. Go to Africa, Asia or even Liverpool and when there are no jobs anywhere then complain.
If this seems too extreme then you have to question if you and him want it enough. If you do then there is no price that you will not pay to get it.
Best of luck for you both. I'm sorry to not seem supportive but being realistic and never giving up is what will make this work. That said a good rant every now and then does help most.

VT

Last edited by Vortex Thing; 17th Feb 2007 at 23:16. Reason: typo