PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Angry Post
Thread: Angry Post
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2007, 20:19
nomercy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can understand why someone who is not familiar with aviation and airlines is shocked and angry about her spouse spending a small fortune and not finding a job. I know it's a bit late now but if you had researched in detail prior to training you would have found many other people are in that situation.
Instructing is a fairly good option if you can find another 5-6K for several reasons - You will gain valuable experience and keep current - you will earn some money - you stand a good chance of meeting people who can help you to advance your career and you will probably enjoy it!
Paying for type ratings is a big gamble that has worked for some and not for others but including expenses a jet rating will cost you between 20 -24k
Another thing you need to take into account is that if you do find an airline job are you prepared to relocate which is more expense. Two out of the three flying jobs i have had have been based over two hundred miles from home and several friends who have just gained their first jobs are Scotland based.
Good luck!