PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Angry Post
Thread: Angry Post
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2007, 18:11
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 204 Likes on 72 Posts
Before PPRuNe existed and the Wannabes forums in particular I would have every sympathy. The fact that here exists, that every grisly feature of the bleak bleak path is documented many times, that the massive gamble your husband took; all lessen my sympathy.

I am not unsympathetic. I've been there and got the rejection letters.

BUT.

Unsolicted CVs and unsolicted doorstepping of airlines is slightly lower than junk mail and squigy merchants. Silence or a Sod Off is perfectly reasonable from them.

Quite probably your husband will join the ranks of the 60% of people who complete the ATPL exams but never get a commercial type rating. I hope not as otherwise its time, money and effort down the drain. But it is probable.

This far in its often rational to pay for a type rating as its much cheaper than simply writing off the investment so far. Best he does this before someone stops Iran getting a bomb or the UK housing market collapse happens or the next Sept11th happens.

Life is full of risks. Becoming a commerical pilots is fuller than most - of both life and risks. Its why so many try AND why so many fail.

Good luck.

ps As an aside. Folks. Something often overlooked is the effect your ambition will have on those you love. It can be massively negative. Factor that in.