View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2007, 16:48
TwinAisle
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CARDIFF - 4

Continuation of: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...251111&page=20

the abomination that is the CWL management
Not really sure what they could have done to stop one of the operators tweaking routes...

The relationship between airports and airlines is a straight, consumer/supplier one. If an airline decides to fly to say Madrid from Cardiff, the airport will be happy. If they decide to stop that route the airport will be unhappy. Can the airport tell an airline where to fly? No, in the same way that my local car dealer can't tell me where to drive. They have wishlists, they have deals they can cut, but at the end of the day, if the airline decides not to go somewhere, or wants a deal that the airport can't stomach (eg RYR) then the airport has no choice but to say "route closed".

I'm sure the airport would love Rome or Lisbon, but at the end of the day, it needs an airline to propose it before the airport can talk numbers....

All the airport can do really is to impose nasty charges on someone to stop them coming....

Re Baby - nice to see that they are filling the timetable up a tad... but if all that stuff of Mathers' comes true, they will be a tad stretched based on my analysis a few pages back...

TA