PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Angry Post
Thread: Angry Post
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2007, 14:19
bleeds off

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Madam,

First flight as a trainee at 26. First job as a pilot at 34. I'm now 37. In the meantime, like many, I had to struggle with the ups and downs of life, doing sh**ty jobs striving to keep licenses current, undergoing the severe critics of the entourage according to which I was just waisting the household funds, doing only one or two flight a year because of the limited means, applying everywhere I could (that costs money too!!). And had to go to africa to finally get some experience with the prospect of being interesting for european airlines some day. Mortgage still has to be payed but given the salary low level, asked for a stand by period to the bank which has been kind enough to grant it for limited periods that have to renewed on regular basis. Tell me about stress !!! yeah ! That's damn hard!
Not mentionning people who don't know anything about the subject and dare describe you as a looser, since they could have observed the young age of some copilots they happen to have seen in some low cost airline cockpits !!!
Don't get me wrong. I am not bitter. I just want to point out that this is not an easy way, and the strengh you need to face all this lies in knowing what you (your husband) want ultimately and when you agree to go that way, then give him maximum support. Ranting against the system ain't bring anything positive. Keep your enegy to develop resilience against adversity, and be positive. Be totally committed to the job hunting. Then it will happen.

All the best
bleeds