PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Angry Post
Thread: Angry Post
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2007, 12:14
Angrywife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Post

I have never used this website personally but my partner uses it frequently and up until now I have never been interested but it’s the only way I’m going to express my opinion about the whole aviation industry.
My partner spent 65,000 pounds, as I’m sure many other people have too if not more and he has applied for more jobs than I can remember but he is getting nowhere fast and he has been fully qualified since July 2006. How are all these pilots supposed to get jobs when the websites are all down so making it impossible to fill out an application? Also airlines that just don’t respond to applications just to say that it wasn’t successful, is this really too much to ask, you know for a bit of courtesy!!
I’m sure everybody can agree that it is extremely stressful trying to get a job at the best of times but when you don’t get one after spending so much money to train (and it’s not easy), my god what a kick in the teeth!
My partner is under a great deal of stress and I appreciate that others are as well but it’s the wives and families that suffer too.
My anger is aimed at the airlines here and I feel so sorry for the other poor sods that are in the same position as my partner, I also feel sorry for their families having to deal with the stress also.
What is needed? A golden handshake maybe, would this make a difference? Or do you have to be a celebrity like Will Carling to fly for an airline?
What the aviation authority should also think of is the length of time before the IR etc expires. If a pilot doesn’t get a job within a year then it costs up to an extra 5,000 approx to renew these. Honestly this is not possible when you have no income to pay for such things!
Feel free to add comments but I’m sure if the comments come from a person at an airline it will all be excuses and crap. Sorry but my partner is 34 years old and is a lot more mature than some of these younger pilots who get in because their father or family members work for the airline. Honestly!
Airlines say that you have to have a certain amount of experience to get a job but how can you do that when you don’t get the opportunity to gain experience? Surely this doesn’t take a genius to work out!!!!
I pray for the day that there is a shortage of pilots and the airlines then need to call upon people with low hours begging them to fly their planes. I hope everyone will be in the position to not bother returning his or her calls!! If Ryan Air can afford to take on pilots with 250 hours why can’t any other airline? At least O’Leary gives you lot a chance…if you’ve got 20K that is….
Good luck boys and girls!