PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 21:29
DirkRose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh boy....

2pissed2drive, I don't often make comments to a thread but when I read rubbish like this I just can't help myself! maybe Ive got you figured wrong, but I only have your post to work on!

You are kidding right? You are 23 years old, have barely any hours and are giving up? Your parents must be happy right, planning to pay them back I hope!? You are extremely lucky to have had parents who worked their asses off and made sacrifices to finance, what they thought, was their sons dream in Life. Turns out, after 70k+ he decides it was all just to hard. But hey, you tried for 2 years right, Im sure that was worth your mum and dad giving up on that BMW theyve always wanted or the earlier retirement they could have had!

What I can't understand is that you are starting out in a time where the airline industry is booming! The FOs in airlines now started their careers with prospects very different from those you have now. All that your comments show is that you just don't enjoy flying. I winged non stop during my 6 years in GA, what a Shole I live in etc! But thats part of aviation, secretely I loved every minute of it! So if you really would prefer to work in a mine or behind a desk for the rest of your life then go ahead, its one less competitor for those who truly enjoy flying. One question though, you do know that you won't be starting as managing director when you start your new job right? You will have to work your way up the ladder everywhere!

Anyway.....as for a high TER making you smart (as you mentioned several times) I doubt it. I had a TER of 96, its based on a smart choice of subjects, perhaps an extra one two for a few extra points and most importantly having NO LIFE! I knew I wanted to be a pilot and in Yr 9 I found out about a new aviation degree course. Aparently the cutoff grade for the course was a TER of 90%, so I studied my butt off for 3 years. Its the result of hard work and its a score anyone can achieve if they have a reason to.

Turns out I couldve saved myself the effort since all the interview panel wanted to know is how I would finance the training welcome to GA!

Anyhoo....theres my rant

DR