PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barnacles found on Tristar C2?
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 19:41
Specaircrew

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Bernie you really are a prat, I suspect your knowledge of aviation is limited to what you've read in comics in W H Smiths!

My reference to tail skid warning lights on the Vulcan referred to the need for a pilot warning device in an aircraft which routinely held the nose up until 80kts on landing. This aerodynamic braking technique was very effective on a delta wing aircraft but pilots had to be careful when their tail was only a few inches above the ground!

Indeed I recall seeing the lights illuminate and then disappear very quickly on one particular landing at Goose Bay. Needless to say the ground crew used a bit of 'no more nails' to stick the tail skid back on and we spent the rest of the afternoon bombing frozen lakes above the tree line!

To be honest Bernie I think you'd be better off on a Wanabees website, I suspect you were probably chopped from pilot training at sometime in your past and have some sort of chip on your shoulder? Anyway you're providing much amusement amongst us older and wiser chaps, perhaps you should try therapy?