PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you staying?
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 19:06
It's Life Jim 208

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first day in civvie street

I've been reading PPRune for the last few years and have felt unable to post comments out of loyalty to the service. However.....today is my first day as a civilian for 32 years and I now feel I can comment freely.

I loved the RAF but it is slowly being murdered by lack of leadership from the very top, the first nail in the coffin for me was last year's CASWO's conference. God how I wish I had never gone, to essentially be called a liar by Mr Stirrup himself when I bought to his attention (at his request) details of a contract that was not being fulfilled by the service provider, was disgraceful.

Then came JPA which he had promised would not be unleashed upon us if it had errors in it, shameful.

The pay as you dine debacle (it will come back again I'm sure).

The ring fenced money for project SLAM that disapeared (why on earth would one of the senior officers in our discussion syndicate want me to bring this up with CAS in open discussion?).

Anyhow I used my option to 6 month PVR for over 30 years service. But the RAF had the last laugh as even though I did over 32 years service, JPAC/PSF or whoever is responsible have yet to send me my validictory/testimonial letter. So all I have to show for 32 years is a cheap enamel veteran's badge that the young Man Servs SAC tossed to me when I had the cheek to ask for it on my last working day.
The Civil Servants at Glasgow really don't give a monkies when I ask about pension details and my testimonial (there isn't a single serving officer in their chain of command, so they say).

I feel sad, let down, disgruntled, and disgusted that we are (were) so under-valued, it's not the RAF I knew, well goodbye, I won't hang around YOUR forum guys as I now have another life with an employer whom seems at least to value my existance and efforts.

To all of you who are still in, God Bless, stay safe and good luck...you need it.

An ex PFOM.