PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyglobespan: Time To Make A Stand
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 16:21
beenarround

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'The Evil Empire'

I have been waiting and hoping for some recognition from the 4th floor that the only experienced long haul manager they have has something to offer.I have been disapointed. He is sent off to far flung places in order that they can perform their evil deeds without hindrance. He was not consulted prior to the introduction of the CPT min rest. Despite his representation to the hierarchy after he experienced the ordeal first hand it continues. The commercial dept runs this airline without any constraint from the Flt Ops Dept
The union recognition thing is vital, but will take time.Congratulations on the progress so far.The T&G are indeed very powerful, but will not be interested in representing the pilot body if previous experience is anything to go by.From the numbers published BALPA is the obvious choice despite my personal abhorance for the organisation.
In the short term a withdrawl of good will might achieve some results.Unfortunately I think that there are still enough people who will do anything rendering that course of action less than ideal. Having said that, a refusal to undertake unreasonably long duties does not seem to meet with any hassle.If all of you who feel strongly enough say 'NO' to climbing in the back they will run out of 'yes men'. At the same time a crossing of the T's and dotting of the I's with a very blunt pencil on the CPT planning will definately hurt.What is the hotel in PMI?
Chirp is an extremely powerful organ and it really gets their attention when the ministry comes to call. The time scale is frighteningly fast when 'flight safety' is mentioned. In the min rest CPT this is clearly an issue.
At the same, time an ASR sent directly to the CAA seems to have the same effect. We no longer have a Flight Safety Officer as I understand it so the only way to retain annonymity is to go direct.
There are issues with escape routes over Tehran and Diverion fields in Africa which are just being swept under the carpet.
No one wants to harm the company's long term viability. Every time we go to work we are expected to perjure ourselves by signing a voyage report showing fictitious rest in a non existant crew rest area. If this is the only way the company can afford do the job is there any long term viability? With NG joining the India contract and the introduction of assorted leased AC and crews are they just running 'a virtual airline?
Finally, it doesn't do what it said on the tin shown to me not so long ago and that is very sad.It looks like the company is finally running out of the 6's it has been throwing since it started the long haul ops.Lets hope it doesn't come down to earth with too much of a bump!!