PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar StarClass
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 10:01
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your call was more than correct as to my mindset galdian, however I also have the respect of many of your bretheren who deal with me by choice for my knowledge base and alleged integrity. My best shot is my only shot.

I thank you for falling in behind me in support.

Horses for courses, as this one fell at the first hurdle and went into a different part of a still great industry. Having grown up around hangars with DC4's and 6's in bits and seeing the marvel of VH-TJA making its first arrival at Essendon I have loved every second of it.

I also reckon I was the first 9-10 year old to ever read the entire internal incident report of Julie Alpha's coming together with the CP Air DC8 at Sydney where he wiped 8 feet off the Douglas' fin.

I still marvel at the brilliance that allowed Jimmy James (who was PIC on my first ever flight which happened to be on TJA) to haul the lady up and actually clear all but the fin before V1. Read the incident report and learn everyone. There was a litlte Lancaster pilot in him and many of his time. Kevin Humphris was another, and he could make an F27 look like an Lanc in the way he eased the fully loaded plus a bit girl off the ground and made her look regal through his skill and airmanship.

Why on earth would I not stand in awe of brilliance and things I am not capable of?

It works both ways. I had a lovely lady in the office day before yesterday who had a mum die in Johannesburg just before she arrived in my office. I got her an excellent fare and out the door and onto the Melbourne bugsmasher to connect SQ which was the first available. Just luck there was one seat available each way in the cheapest class. Meant to be. She said that she could not believe I had done what I had done at the price and so expeditiously and that I was amazing. In this case it was pure arse.

Perception is everything. The lady is a surgeon at the local Hospital. Hello? I am a rock ape compared to a surgeon!

Galdian, you and your mates please carry on being the best in the world at doing what you do best, and I if allowed will feed in some bits and pieces that may help, remembering the DJ Jungle Jets rumour started with me. The old travel fart has an excellent network!

Between all of us we may just retain an industry.

THAT is the biggie. Retain ourselves and something we love.

Best regards galdian, CL and everyone.

If I get kicked, so be it but I am better for my time here with you guys and girls.

EWL