PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you staying?
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 09:11
toddbabe

Smartchap wrote

Im finding myself doing more 14hr fridays, or 12hr night shifts more and more often, that i feel the will to live being sucked out of myself.

I often find myself working unsupervised on aircraft & on aircraft systems that i would like to be supervised incase things go wrong. Sometimes you get a NCO to work with, thats all depending on how spread we are.

Ive been on type now for 18 months ishy, i think ive messed up twice. 1st was a simple error with no incident (inexperienced NCO asked to do something, NC0 pressed wrong button), the 2nd ended up with an incident report.

I regularly moan at those above me about this, but then im often given an un-trained person to help me, thats all find and dandy, but isnt this the case of the blind leading the blind.

With all this hassle & cut-backs, i think to myself why dont i just leave the RAF & go work for BAE at the same pay.

This should have all of us extremely worried!!!!
You should raise a Murphy report or ahatever they are called to highlight this to the top level, at least then when they ignore it you have some documentary evidence to say I told you so.