PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northern North Sea ATC: Q & A thread
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2007, 20:41
bondu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably going to get shot down in flames with this one!

Working out of Aberdeen, I have had to return to the ramp for a top up of fuel at least three times during the last six months. This is because of the congestion around 0700, 0730 etc and because the client has taken all the load offered (even after allowing for extra holding fuel at C3). Why does everyone and his dog seem to want to depart at 0700? I know what the management will say (because they have said it already!);- "the client wants 0700, therefore he will get 0700". The client is always right! Yeah!!

Question for ATC (and airport management):- would allocating take off slot times during the busy period between 0645 and 0830 make any difference? Let's face it, even with 1 minute between departures, there can be only five nominal 0700 take offs (0658, 0659 0700, 0701 and 0702); and thats for everyone on the airfield, rotary and fixed wing! And doesn't take into account arrivals!

Any thoughts?

bondu

PS I think you guys in ATC Aberdeen do a great job: Aberdeen is probably just as busy as Gatwick at times!