PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zero
Thread: Zero
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2007, 19:29
RYR-738-JOCKEY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MancBoy: Once again I feel sorry for you. Not because you have to speak slowly to Ryr pilots, but because you clearly underestimate these guys simply because they don't speak perfect english. May I enlighten you....these guys are most likely as intelligent as you, if not even more. They do not only have one language skill, but two and very often several. The first thing I take notice of when I meet an Englishman is the way he/she talks to me...The stupid ones keep talking to me as if I was a retard, however the smart ones treat me as any other english speaking person.
Try to speak my language, and you'll probably sound like a mong. Do you get my drift?
The only difference here is that in aviation we all speak ICAO english, and sometimes one can hear something completely new and you ask "Say again..", often because of accent/local procedures. You should try working in another country for a while and you'll probably find your own standard is not perfect either, even though english is apparently your mother-tongue.