PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LoCo airlines busting minima in LVP's at STN?
Old 3rd May 2006, 15:08
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worldwidewolly:

Interesting comment in the Scotsman article:

"Thirty four flights to Stansted, including many Ryanair services, diverted to other airports because the visibility dipped to as low as 200 metres - less than that required for night landings at the airport.

But several flights - all of them believed to be Ryanair - landed anyway to avoid costly delays".

This is statement of fact as to why an action was taken. It suggests an illegal action and the reason for it. If no RYR a/c landed below limits it is an erronious statement bring the airline into undeserved disrepute. If the action did happen it suggests that the airline ordered its crews to break the law for commercial reasons. That sounds highly libellous unless proved. Given MOL's history of resorting to the courts and having judgement given against him, I would have thought this was an excellent chance for a victory.

What is he doing in repsonse to such a charge?

Secondly, given the publicised weak intervention of the F/O in the NYO case, & the rather stronger action of the F/O in the CIA, and subsequently no doubt the RYR's strong encouragement of good CRM at all times, what were the F/O's doing during all this time of making alledged illegal approaches? I understand the F/O is PF during an autoland. They have the TOGA switches in their control. The power of the index finger can be mighty indeed, or not.

Regarding pax finding their own way home from LGW: Is it not the case that a pax has a contract with a carrier to be transported, within reasonable time and comfort, from A - B. It is always the carriers responsibility to deliver the pax to the airport of destination. Refer back to a thread some months ago concerning RYR and diversions. RYR had issued an instruction to crews forbidding them to allow pax to disembark at the airport if diversion. No matter what the inconvenience to said pax they and their bags had to be delivered to contractual destination. How do you square this with the alledged report of their actions at LGW. This might be another case for a pax. v RYR. victory.